In the morning, Slim got up and prepared breakfast for his wife as usual. Nicole, his wife was listening to music in the bedroom. 21 , he felt that his body was shaking. Slim had the 22 response that there was an earthquake! He 23 quickly, “Dear, earthquake! Go to the toilet! ” Nicole heard the shouting, 24 the first aid box quickly and ran into the toilet. The house was 25 even more dramatically.
Bathroom was the next door to the kitchen. Slim picked up a kitchen 26 and two pieces of bread outside the kitchen. Slim tried to run along the wall to help Nicole. 27 , it got 28 suddenly with an explosion. The house 29 down and many things fell from above. Nicole was quickly buried in 30 . She felt breathing very difficult. She tried to stand up, but 31 .
A few minutes later, the land was 32 . Nicole heard the sound of short 33 and thought it was Slim! She shouted to him but no 34 ! He probably fainted. Nicole kept saying his name and she finally heard a response. Two people encouraged and 35 each other. They knew that there must be a way to 36 .
Slim found that they were close but were 37 by the fallen stones and some powder. He started to dig with the kitchen knife. He felt 38 from his fingers. Finally, he removed the last piece of larger stones. Slim touched Nicole’s one hand, then dug the 39 stones of her body. Finally, Nicole had a 40 breathing slowly. Two people sat on the ground and hugged together.
21. A.Unfortunately B. Actually C. Suddenly D. Really
22. A. rapid B. recent C. second D. best
23. A. warned B. shouted C. jumped D. howled
24. A. used up B. found out C. took up D. put away
25. A. burning B. moving C. falling D. shaking
26. A. knife B. cook C. fork D. tool
27. A.Therefore B. However C. Instead D. Besides
28. A. bright B. Cloudy C. blank D. dark
29. A. lay B. broke C. crashed D. bent
30. A. dirt B. ashes C. pieces D. ruins
31. A. senseless B. impossible C. impractical D. invaluable
32. A. normal B. silent C. flat D. usual
33. A. steps B. Pauses C. movements D. breath
34. A. sign B. hope C. response D. result
35. A. calmed B. held C. touched D. called
36. A. relax B. Communicate C. escape D. succeed
37. A. wrapped B. limited C. fastened D. separated
38. A. pain B. cold C. water D. warmth
39. A. spreading B. Bundling C. sticking D. surrounding
40. A. complete B. steady C. constant D. Weak
CABCD ABDCD BBDCA CDADB